The Better Understanding for a Better World (BUBW) conference is presented by the Civilizations Exchange & Cooperation Foundation in partnership with Abdelkader Education Project (AEP).
Despite a surge in social media, people still lack the face-to-face dialogue needed to foster understanding, respect, compassion and cooperation amongst the various nations and communities of our ever-so-intricate world.
AEP invites high school students to join us for the FREE 2021 BUBW virtual conference on October 21-21, 2021 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm CST daily.
The 2021 BUBW virtual conference for high school students across America will focus on:
- Societal Challenges
- Leadership Development
- Multi-Cultural & Interfaith Competency: “Highlighting Emir Abdelkader’s Life and Legacy as a Leader and Unifier”
Space is limited – student participation is limited to 80 students and is determined through their applications. To find out more about applying, view the “To Apply” tab.
- Emphasize world citizenship and cultural competency development
- Focus on leadership development and being ambassadors of goodwill, reconciliation and justice
- Encourage civic engagement among program participants
- Facilitate dialogue, fostering mutual understanding and cooperation between social, religious, and cultural backgrounds
- Expose participants to the beauty of diverse cultural practices and faith traditions in a pluralistic world with emphasis on respect, common values, and our shared humanity
- Discuss the dangers and solutions for discrimination, radicalism, ethnic nationalism and religious extremism, which have historically been recipes for war and conflict for many civilizations
- Introduce aspects of leadership including those central to entrepreneurship, innovation and social business
- Cultivate ties of friendship and encourage future leaders to foster and seek out a better world and a better future for all
U.S. high school students may apply now by clicking the “Apply Now” below and completing the form. Additionally, you can complete a word document application and follow the instructions found within.
The student application deadline is October 8, 2021 by 8:00 pm CST. Students will be notified by October 12, 2021 by 8:00 pm CST.
Reminder that only 80 students will be selected to participate in this virtual conference. Make sure to get your application in today!