The Better Understanding for a Better World (BUBW) conference is presented by the Civilizations Exchange & Cooperation Foundation in partnership with Abdelkader Education Project (AEP).
Despite a surge in social media, people still lack the face-to-face dialogue needed to foster understanding, respect, compassion and cooperation amongst the various nations and communities of our ever-so-intricate world.
AEP invites high school students to join us for the FREE 2021 BUBW virtual conference on November 6-7th from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm CST daily.
The 2021 BUBW virtual conference for high school students across America will focus on:
- Societal Challenges
- Leadership Development
- Multi-Cultural & Interfaith Competency: “Highlighting Emir Abdelkader’s Life and Legacy as a Leader and Unifier”
Space is limited – student participation is limited to 80 students and is determined through their applications. To find out more about applying, view the “To Apply” tab.
- Emphasize world citizenship and cultural competency development
- Focus on leadership development and being ambassadors of goodwill, reconciliation and justice
- Encourage civic engagement among program participants
- Facilitate dialogue, fostering mutual understanding and cooperation between social, religious, and cultural backgrounds
- Expose participants to the beauty of diverse cultural practices and faith traditions in a pluralistic world with emphasis on respect, common values, and our shared humanity
- Discuss the dangers and solutions for discrimination, radicalism, ethnic nationalism and religious extremism, which have historically been recipes for war and conflict for many civilizations
- Introduce aspects of leadership including those central to entrepreneurship, innovation and social business
- Cultivate ties of friendship and encourage future leaders to foster and seek out a better world and a better future for all
U.S. high school students may apply now by clicking the “Apply Now” below and completing the form. Additionally, you can complete a word document application and follow the instructions found within.
The student application deadline is October 27, 2021. Students will be notified by October 28, 2021.
Reminder that only 80 students will be selected to participate in this virtual conference. Make sure to get your application in today!